I'm going to start potty training Oliver.
Yeah, I don't know what I'm thinking either.
We're talking about a kid who poops mountains, pees like an endless fountain and was born without a mechanism for moderation. He is an "all in" sort of kid. He's extreme in most things he does - his obsessions, his food, his moods.
So again. What am I thinking, you ask?
Well. For one thing, he'll be 3 years old in less than a month (SOB) and for another, I'm pretty tired of spending $100 at Costco on diapers and wipes.
So hopefully by the end of this week he'll be (mostly) potty trained.
Like I said, I'm going totally gung ho on this thing.
Side note - it seems as though the potty training is somehow interfering with his naps. Because I've been letting him walk around without any bottoms on (currently he is wearing socks and a tank top. heh heh) I think he does not like the idea of wearing a diaper during naps. So it looks like I may have to forgo naps for a while if I want to get him used to the idea of going to the bathroom on the toilet.
Dilemma: Giving up naps to save money on diapers but in turn, sacrificing sanity.
Really, I can't win this one can I....
Today's stats:
He's had one tiny accident but has already figured out he needs to sit on the toilet when he feels the urge to pee. He's already gone to the bathroom at least 6 times. We're doling out many gummy bears today.
He has yet to poop. I'm a little scared.
Hold me?
***
Dude, this kid is huge.
He looks pretty satisfied with himself there. did he just pee? VICTORY is his!
ReplyDeletegreat job oliver!
ReplyDeletehere from mighty maggie and I like the vibe around here....check ya!
ReplyDeleteHow's the potty training so far? Now that Ava just turned 2, I'm getting asked by everyone when I'm going to start potty training her. Luckily neither her nor I am ready yet!
ReplyDelete