Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 7: A weekend!

I know I had said earlier that I'd like to avoid working out on the weekends but today I found myself home early after church with not much to do. As I write, Lisa and Pat are driving back home from a road trip and John is at work. Kids are playing and dogs are napping. In other words, I am enjoying a rare quiet moment.

I decided I'd try to fit in a workout since I had some free time. Thank goodness each workout is only 20 minutes! I decided to do Level 1 again to see if my strength had improved over the week, and indeed it has. I definitely felt stronger and less winded than I did the first week. I don't notice any signifant changes to my body but I do feel stronger, less bloated and ever so slightly less flabby.

I am shocked to say that I no longer loathe exercise like I used to. I still don't love it but I don't hate it, and that is saying quite a bit. I have noticed an increase in energy and a couple of people have said that I've been less evil... moody... mean in a better mood lately. So really, everyone is winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment