Friday, February 8, 2013

Grumblings of a Reluctant Runner

Since no one reads this anymore, I will use this blog as a place to log my miles and my experiences while training for my first ever half marathon in June. I done gone paid good money for this thing so you bet your ass I'll be keeping myself in check with training. The blog will be an excellent way to keep myself accountable as well as keep track of my progress.

Here goes -

WEEK 1 (Feb 4)

Monday: Rest (I love rest days)
Tuesday: 3 Miles. Eeked out just over 3 miles at a pace of 8:51. Not bad but I definitely need to push myself.
Wednesday: Rest/XT; Did level 2 of the Jillian Michaels Shredded in 30 DVD. Despite all the running I've been doing in the last year, I am still clearly out of shape. Those 5 lb weights feel like 20 each.
Thursday: Training chart says 3 miles but decided to do over 4, with a pace of 8:54. Was decent but spent much of the run thinking about googling "increasing lactic acid threshold". I still have 19 weeks more of this training to go so I definitely have time.
Friday: Rest. I have mounds.. and mounds.. and mounds of clean laundry to be folded. May be the family activity of the night. Somebody STOP ME.
Saturday: Plan is for 4 miles. I may do 5.
Sunday: Plan says 3 miles.

I am going to try and follow the training plan as best as I can but because I had been on such a good running roll before I started, I figure I can amp up the first few weeks with the shorter runs.

Meanwhile, where is the wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment