*SIGHS*
Don't worry, it's just the hormones talking. I don't really want another baby. Um yeah... not really. I'm just getting all nostalgic and choked up over the thought that my baby is going to turn ONE in a couple of months. How did that even happen?
I swear just yesterday he looked like this.
BONUS! You get a profile shot of the shnoz.
I know, you're welcome.
All of the sudden, he's this 10 month old kid who stands in his crib demanding that I come pick him up. NOW. He wants to devour pretty much everything he sees, including the spoon AND the banana peel. His cheeks are starting to lose their fullness, his thighs starting to firm up, his voice deeper and more authoratitve.
He's almost not a baby anymore.
In two months he'll be technically considered a toddler.
My last baby will no longer be a baby any longer.
Do you think it is possible to have empty womb syndrome? I think it might be. I have always wanted three children, no more and no less. But lately I find myself wistfully sifting through Wesley little baby clothes, hesitating as I attempt to pack them away. I still have bins and bins of Evelyn's old baby clothes, unwilling and unable to fully let go of the small stained onesies, the crisp outfits worn maybe once, some with tags still attached. In the back of my mind whispers a tiny voice,
"what if...."
But then a very loud voice, namely the one in front of my face belonging to my husband, booms
"WHAT. Are you crazy?!"
You think he'd indulge me just a little before shooting me down but nope. He is quite happy with our family of five and is not ready or prepared to deal with another baby, more costs, more noise. And I suppose I'm not really ready either. But I look at pictures of when the kids were all newborn babies and I'm suddenly overcome with a wave of nostalgia. Even at our yard sale last week, I couldn't bear to sell my maternity clothes. The maternity clothes that I've had packed up for months. Clothes I've worn for three pregnancies. Clothes I won't ever be wearing again.
Realistically, we can't have another child. We don't have the room or the money. I don't really even have the proper family support living close to me. But I do admit, my desire for another child is there. I suppose I'll just indulge my need for baby time with this kid while I can.
I mean... look how cute!
You can always get a puppy.
ReplyDeleteLinda - you know what they say ...after 3, it's all the same chaos...so you can tell John he won't even notice a difference in noise/dirt/diaper level. And I imagine he's not the one waking up in the middle of the night, so he won't be out any extra sleep either. And what do you mean cost too much? You supply the food (for now,anyway), and it sounds like you still have all your baby clothes. Come on, you can have another one, esp if you are wanting one so bad. Good luck! (can you tell whose side I'm on for this issue :)
ReplyDeletesigh. I get the empty womb syndrome, sometimes. But I'm so done. I don't miss the late night feedings and feeling tired all the time. Wait, I'm always tired, all the time. hehe. It's a good thing jimmy "took care of it", otherwise, I would probably be preggers right now. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteWes is such a cutie. Love that baby.
I seriously don't know what you're going through because I really don't like the baby years. The best for me with when the kid hits age 2. I'm more than content with 2 kids, I haven't completely given up the idea of 3, but we're not even going to have the discussion for at least another 6 more months!
ReplyDelete