Saturday, September 12, 2009

I need DVR and a regular babysitter

Ok, enough about kindergarten... for now. Traumatized, pissed, blah blah blah.

Let us talk about more pressing issues.

FALL TV!

GLEE:

My new obsession! If you haven't caught the show yet, you need to run to your computer and watch it online. Just go! Hurry! The music is great, the one liners make me grab my stomach in laughter and it's just different than what is out there. Seriously, I can't stop listening to the music online. LOVE IT.

VAMPIRE DIARIES:

*Groans* I know, I know. It's totally like Twlight. But not. And it's for silly teenagers. But not. And Paul Wesley is quite cute. Like Robert Pattinson. It's one of those shows where it's so bad that it's sooo good. :)

NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles:

NCIS is my go-to favorite show right now. I'm all caught up from reruns on The USA Network (God bless the USA) and can't wait for the new season to begin. I'm also excited about the spinoff, which stars L.L. Cool J and Chris O'Donnell. Mmmmm.

Sidebar - Do you notice that all the shows on the WB and the CW want us (the 30 somethings) to basically relive the years of our youth; or more accurately, wish we could relive the days of our youth as rich, beautiful young white people with perfect skin and glimmering white teeth? Does anyone else feel inadequate as a regular human being watching these mannequins? Or is it just me?

Shows I have been neglecting but promise to try and watch regularly this season:

House
Chuck
Grey's Anatomy
Law and Order: SVU
Friday Night Lights
Lost

Dude, I really need to get DVR, don't I?

So, what else should I be watching?


***

We went to a wedding today and were gone for over five hours. I can't remember having enjoyed a wedding this much in a long time. Oh, and did I mention that we left all three kids at home? It felt like a mini vacation today! My awesome cousin John came down on his day off and entertained the kids and dogs all day long. He fed them snacks and meals nonstop and even dealt with Oliver's inability to wear pants around the house. Luckily, Oliver was kind enough to humor him with a pair of Thomas the Train underwear. Eh.

But yes, today was a very enjoyable day. Now all the kids are sleeping, John is at the Puyallup Fair for work (to take pictures) and it's just me, the computer and the dogs. Actually, the dogs are passed out on the floor next to me. It's been a good day.

Hmm, although it would probably be a little better if I had a burger and fries. At least John is bringing me home a bag of Fair scones. Mmm, butter.

8 comments:

  1. love, love, love GLEE! will probably get hooked on V.D. can't wait for Grey's and SYTYCD. they are all DVR'D ready. hehe.

    yeah, you need to get DVR. like right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and loved the wedding venue. it made me want to get married all over again.

    it was so nice not having the kids around too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grey's is the only show you mentioned that I watch. I'm looking forward to The Amazing Race and The Office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have the watch The Office! and Izzy gonna die....

    ReplyDelete
  5. lisa-really?! she's gonna die? i heard the actress was taking a break (she's adopting a korean baby) but i guess that would make sense, right? interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. macalla- I don't know for sure. it just seems like she is going to croak but you never know right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girls became NCIS fans in a big way this summer with the reruns being on. I have to day I have become a fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard she/izzy wasn't going to die... I can't wait for the season premiere. I need to watch Glee - haven't seen it yet, but Jiyun said she loved it too. I'll check it out. You have a long list of TV shows...just make sure your bum doesn't start to grow stuck to the couch :)

    ReplyDelete