Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wah wah wah Charlie Brown's teacher

I am having one of those parenting days.

You know, the ones where your throat is sore. But not because you are sick, if you know what I mean. I was just telling my husband the other day how pleasant the kids have become. When Evelyn is at school, the house is peaceful. Oliver happily plays with his trains, Wesley crawls all over the house like a madman and things are quiet. On Evelyn's off days, the kids all play together in Oliver's room, sharing trains and laughing and reading books.

I should just really keep my mouth shut and count my blessings because today?

Today was different.

Today was one of those days. The days filled with threats, screams, tears. Thank goodness everyone is now in bed. And they better stay in bed or else....

Also, Glee is on! I'll be in my happy place at 9:00pm.

It doesn't help that my teeth are $%#*& killing me! I just had my wisdom tooth extracted last Monday but I've still been feeling residual pain. I did some reading on my oral surgeon's website and it sounds like I may have dry socket or whatever godforsaken thing can happen after an extraction. Fan-bloody-tastic, I tell ya.

Jeez, my first blog post in a long, long time and this is what you get.
Didya miss me or what...

2 comments:

  1. :( i hope it'll be a better day today. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had your wisdom teeth pulled out. Jacob had his pulled out a few months ago. Everyone seems to have a difficult recovery after one. Thank God I don't have wisdom teeth and never had!

    ReplyDelete