So yeah, the chasm between blog posts are becoming much wider as time flies by. It's already Thanksgiving and almost time for Christmas madness. How in the world did we get here?!
Anyways, things at Bang household have been pretty standard - lots of poop wiping, general childrearing and house cleaning going on around here.
It's now been about a year and a half since I quit my job to stay home with the kids and in that time frame, I've noticed myself evolving. I've never been the most ambitious person in the world but I've always been generally uniform in my daily tasks. Brisk. Efficient. Before I had kids, I used to shower and dress in normal clothes regardless of my plans for the day. Even if I had planned to stay home and clean the garage, I'd shower, straighten my hair and put on a little makeup. I always felt that being physically put together made me feel more awake, more energetic. Like a human being.
However.
I realize how that the longer you stay home, the more parental responsibilities you hold, the less sleep you attain, things change. And change they have.
A few observations:
1. Daily showers are now
2. Long hair is required for ease of ponytails and haphazard buns. *See #1
3. Kids in pjs all day? What's the problem?
4. Me in pj's all day? What's the problem?
5. I have three pairs of sweats on rotation every week. Two of them have bleach stains and rips at the bottom hem.
6. I can officially cross my name off the list for "Hottest Mom in Bonney Lake. *See #5
7. I lie - actually my name wasn't even on the ballot.
As I type this, I'm sitting here in last night's pj's with my unwashed hair in a greasy ponytail. I can feel the beginnings of a volcano zit start to form on my upper lip and I just bit part of my ragged nail off my rough, dry man hands.
I'm still waiting for my casting call, Tyra Banks. ANTM, baby!
***
Btw, my ps camera broke so pictures will be sparse until I can replace it. Boo.
Woman, you are freaking hilarious.
ReplyDeleteGuess what?! I actually got to shower this morning! wahoo!
Thank you for making me laugh! I needed it right now because I'm tired....tired mommy = crabby mommy. :)
ReplyDeleteYou need to burn that green sweatshirt ASAP!--L
ReplyDelete