Last weekend, I had the opportunity to watch my nephew Elliott for a couple of days while Lisa and Pat got some packing and cleaning done. Btw, they sold their house.
WHOO! *wild applause*
Guess where they'll be staying for at least the next month?
*crickets*
Yup, you guessed it. The three of them plus the two dogs will be holed up here with the five of us plus my brother. The body heat alone should warm up the house. Maybe I should turn the heat off. Save some money, you know.
Anyways, the three of them stayed with us all weekend. Friday and Saturday I was left home alone with four kids so Lisa and Pat could take care of some "house things".
Now, yes... three of the four are mine so one would think the extra kid wouldn't be so difficult right?
Have you even met Elliott?
Kidding, kidding. He's my nephew and I love his pillowy thighs. It was just quite a challenge taking care of two babies very close in age. My biceps got a workout everytime I had to carry both of them up and down the stairs and I had to alternate feeding each kid between bites. It was like poopy diaper tag team and one would crawl away while the other one foraged in the garbage can. I wouldn't say it was.. difficult. I just had to be more alert than usual especially because Elliott is a daredevil baby. I'd often find him hanging out on the first step of the stairs holding on to the baby gate while shaking it like prison bars.
ANYHOO, overall the weekend was fun. VERY LONG, but fun. I don't get to spend much time with Elliott, or my sister for that matter, so it was nice to have them here for a couple of days. Who knows what it'll be like when they're here for longer than 3 days. I hope the claws don't come out. Although, I'm pretty sure they will. ROWR!
ANYHOO, overall the weekend was fun. VERY LONG, but fun. I don't get to spend much time with Elliott, or my sister for that matter, so it was nice to have them here for a couple of days. Who knows what it'll be like when they're here for longer than 3 days. I hope the claws don't come out. Although, I'm pretty sure they will. ROWR!
***
Very random pictures of the babies.
Hey baldy! *cackles*
This ear lobe is GIGANTIC. *snickers*
Playing in the kitchen. There's nothing cuter than babies in footed pajamas.
Honestly, this picture of Wesley is so not cute that it is actually kind of...cute.
Whoa, that's a lot of bodies in the house! It should make for a fun and loud month. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for watching the crazy kid. I think he had a lot of fun. *puffy jacket*
ReplyDeletefun times. they are so cute.
ReplyDelete