OH. So I did Day 3 Level 1 of the video last Friday. By day 3, the soreness from the first two days had worn off just ever so slighty and I wasn't quite as winded by the cardio and I could manage the strength series without dropping my weights. Also, by far the abs series are the most difficult for me. Seriously, the ones where I have to lift both my legs AND my chest? Yeah...ok, right. The abdominal muscles... you know... the ones where my stomach is? They don't exist, those muscles. I had three babies
Then we went away for the weekend, which meant no exercise - which, honestly... was totally fine by me. But I did resume the shred on Tuesday, the first full day back at home. Surprisingly, I found that I could actually do a "real" pushup now, without having to rest on my knees. It may seem like a small feat, but I don't think I've been able to do a plank pushup for years. or maybe even ever? Anyways, I finished the week with two more workouts, on Thursday and today, which is Friday. The Level 2 is obviously more challening than Level 1 and I feel like Level 1 definitely prepared me for Level 2. Plus, it was more difficult given the fact that Oliver kept trying to sit on my back during the pushups. Hey man, I'm not that strong. Yet....
So here is what I've done so far:
Week 1: Level 1, three times (Tues/Wed/Fri)
w/ one session on hot hatha yoga on Wednesdayevening
Week 2: Level 2, three times (Tues/Thurs/Fri)
w/ one session of hot power yoga on Tuesday evening
Week 3: (Next week)
I will do 3 times/week on level 3 and hopefully I can get a hot power yoga session in. The combination of the two is great and I love the feeling of rejuvenation when I'm done with the hot yoga.
I have decided do each level thre thrice weekly but somehow fit it in between Mon-Fri so that I can have the weekend off.
And now you've finished reading what is officially the most boring post I've ever written. Yeesh.
***
My current fave Jillian Michaels quote:
"I want you to feel..... like you're going. to. die"
(Level 2)
.
love the quote!
ReplyDeleteI love Jillian Michaels. She is hardcore! Jacob and I are avid viewers of The Biggest Loser.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the workouts. As you can tell, exercising gets easier, you feel better afterwards, and you'll gain more energy.
who are you?
ReplyDelete