It's been a crazy couple of months. In the blink of an eye, we've gone from lazy summer days to GO GO GO. Two of the three kids are in school and John starts school tomorrow. I work Mon-Fri, come home, make dinner, bathe the kids, read to them, brush teeth, sometimes play a little more and then it's off to bed. John drives them here and there and everywhere, helps with homework, picks up toys, edits photos, makes multiple meals that sometimes get eaten, sometimes not. We are barely held together by the slowly unraveling threads of sanity by the time we get into bed, usually around 8:30 - me with a book, John with his laptop. It is only then that we can breathe, review the day together and just…..chill. The evenings after the kids bedtime has become our recovery time, right before I toss my book on the nightstand, adjust my eyemask over my face, shove my earplugs in my ears and pass out. Then I wake up and the day repeats itself once again.
So here I am.
man, i just broke out in a bead of sweat reading this! why does life have to be so busy??
ReplyDeleteWow, and I thought I was busy. I have sooo much respect for working mothers! John's going back to school?
ReplyDelete