Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, it's really me writing this post

Those who really know me know this -

I don't exercise.

I don't like to work out. I don't like to exert myself. I just don't like it. It's all... hard and stuff.

However, I have recently had a tiny change of heart. I mean, I think I look relatively thin but I'm nowhere near in healthy shape. One word - Flabby. I might look fine to in clothes but looks are deceiving under drapey sweaters. Also, why do you think I wear black all of the time? I just want to feel healthier and have more energy. I drag my knuckles around the house all day from fatigue and low energy. This in turn causes me to be grumpy - to my kids, to my husband, actually...to anyone in the 100 yard vicinity of me.

So I have decided to do something about it.

No, I haven't joined a gym or anything - because I'm too cheap - but I've am going to take the plunge and try this:



I'd like for someone to hold me now. Thank you.

When I was in line at Walgreens waiting to purchase the DVD, the cashier actually pointed to it and said "OOH, she's mean". Fantastic. Just what I need to get this flabby vessel in shape. I mean, have you seen her berate some of those contesants on The Biggest Loser? Although, I must say from experience that sometimes being mean gets the job done. Ask my family,

Anyways, I'm sharing my workout news with you because I figure I will document my progress and see if I notice any changes to my body/mind/spirit. I am not going to do this for 30 days straight but the idea of the workouts is to work your way to 30 days on increasing levels of intensity. I will probably aim to work out at least 3 times a week.

And sorry, I won't be posting any pictures of my "badly in need of a tan and a good sloughing" body. After all, I am a very vain person who has too much shame respect you all too much. Yeah, something like that.

So... tomorrow is day one. I'll let you know how it goes.


1 comment:

  1. geez, who are you? just kidding. i'm all for it if it means you will nicer to us in the mornings. ALL FOR IT

    ReplyDelete