Thursday, March 11, 2010

School. Days.....? Oh, forget it.

Nothing really exciting going on around here on the home front. The kids have been generally very pleasant and cute to be around these days so I guess that means no interesting blog stories. Jeez, happy kids are boring. Pffft.

Evelyn is at school today and the babies are napping so the house is eerily quiet. I hear random banging and humming from Oliver upstairs so I know he's ok. He's just chugging along with his trains.

Chugging.

Trains.

Get it? I'm hilare!

......so.... anyways,

I called the school recently to ask about next year's kindergarten program and turns out Evelyn will be going all day next year. That means, everyday. all day.

Five. Days. A. Week.

Now, if you asked me how I felt about this six months ago, I would have probably told you how sad I feel or how much I'd miss her, but now that I've had a taste of what a quiet household school life is like for all of us, I'm really excited. More importantly, she loves going to school and always comes home smiling, regaling me with story after story. I'm sure one day she'll wake up and declare she "hates school" and is "never going to go again", but I'll enjoy her innocence and excitement for as long as I can.

***

So, we're all finally almost all better around here. Thankfully, the kids are 100% - I'm the only one holding onto the disgusting congestion and cough. Plus, I've been having sinus pain the last couple of days, which has made me even more pleasant. Har.

I've managed to work out a total of five times in the last two weeks, three of which are from this week. I'm trying to make a habit of it so I don't make excuses for myself to skip and get lazy. I haven't lost any weight, which.. FINE, universe. YOU WIN, but I definitely have more energy and am a little less moody. Hey, I said a little.

***

Ooh, babies are awake. Time for lunch and then I have to load them in the car to get Evelyn. Fun times.
OMG. I make myself sound so exciting. Somebody stop me.

3 comments:

  1. It's great that Evelyn likes school so much. We've had our ups and downs, but generally it's been a year of amazing growth.

    Yay for exercise. It must be hard when you have three little ones. I always feel better after exercising. And when I don't, I'm kind of grumpy. To the point that my family will tell me to go exercise, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna do it. i asked lionsgate (one of my work accounts) to send me a copy of the 30 day shred. you have inspired me! also b/c we're taking a trip to cali next month and i don't want to have to wear baggy sweatshirts to hide my belly, or have people ask me if i'm pregnant again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I love your blog. Your kids are adorable. Please keep writing! ^_^*

    ReplyDelete